Kelly’s Green fought hard to help legalize medicinal cannabis is legal in Mississippi, and we’re equally as passionate and committed to providing high-quality medical cannabis products to patients who need it.
Knowledge is power when it comes to your health and any form of therapy. The more you grasp and understand what you put in your body to optimize your well-being, the better your chances of improving your quality of life.
The above notion rings true no matter the medicine or supplement you’re considering, but it’s uniquely crucial with cannabis.
Finding the correct cannabis flower products for your needs will make a world of difference in your life.
Below, we’ll examine the vast range of medicinal cannabis flower available to you.
Understanding Cannabis Flower
There are two primary components comprising the cannabis plant: Cannabinoids and terpenes. We’ll describe them in the bullet points below:
- The naturally occurring compounds in cannabis, known as cannabinoids, interact with cannabinoid receptors in our endocannabinoid systems. There are 66 total in the cannabis plant, with the most well-known being delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC, the psychoactive component) and cannabidiol (CBD, a non-psychoactive component that comprises 40% of the plant resin) .
- Terpenes are found in most vegetation, protecting plants from various elements and decay. They’re prominent in essential oils while providing cannabis its aromatic characteristics and flavors. They combine with cannabinoids to generate the entourage effect. This synergistic interaction bolsters the effect of a given cannabis flower strain .
Popular Cannabis Flower Strains
While “strain” is a broad term as it applies to cannabis, we’ll refer to it on a more macro level, breaking it down into its three primary types in the following bullet points:
- Indica’s are strains conducive to relaxation and can even contribute to something called the “couch lock” effect. They offer more of a body high than their sativa and hybrid counterparts.
- Indica strains are typically ideal to help combat insomnia, offset anxiety, offer pain relief, increase your appetite, and much more .
- We carry indica strains like Jelly Breath at Kelly’s to help combat insomnia, anxiety, and depression.
- Sativa strains are the counterpart to indica strains, focusing more on uplifting energy boost–and even creativity–to medicinal users.
- Sativa strains are believed to help with anything from dementia and anxiety to glaucoma, depression, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and much more.
- Hybrid strains are a combination of sativa and indica. They might lean more one way than the other and are meant to balance the effects of either type.
- Depending on how the hybrid strain leans, it will provide similar medicinal health benefits to any sativa or indica.
- Strawberry Cheesecake is a premium hybrid strain from Kelly’s to give you a jolt of energy if depression or exhaustion is wearing you down.
There are several ways to consume medicinal cannabis. Number one is smoking. You can roll a joint (or purchase a pre-rolled joint, which is much easier), which is essentially just a cannabis cigarette.
Pipes are another way to consume cannabis. Pack broken-up buds into the bowl at the end of a glass, metal, ceramic, etc., pipe, put your finger on the carb (the hole at the end of the pipe), light, and pull.
A bong has a longer chamber than a pipe, a bulbous downstem, a carb, and a bowl you remove from the downstem once your toke is finished. You fill a bong with water, lending itself to smoother, much bigger tokes.
Smoking cannabis flower offers immediate and potent effects, but it can be harsh on your lungs.
Conversely, using vapes (either pens or a full-on vaporizer) offers a similar psychoactive response to smoking flower but with reduced strain on your lungs. Pens come with high-quality concentrates (e.g., distillates and live resin) added via cartridges. However, more substantial vaporizers can vaporize flower, offering high potency and a much cleaner, crisper experience.
The best temperature range for vaping medicinal cannabis is 350-400° F.
Lastly, cannabis-infused edibles are the slowest-acting, longest-lasting, most potent option. It can take up to 90 minutes for edibles to kick in. This late onset can sometimes surprise many beginners (and even long-time veterans). That said, it’s not a hard-fast rule. Edibles can hit faster–in around 30 minutes–making them a tad unpredictable.
Edibles should be dosed conservatively, starting with no more than 5mg (but probably less) at once for medicinal purposes. Once you’ve built a tolerance–and spoken with your healthcare provider–you can examine taking higher doses.
Quality Assurance At Kelly’s Green
At Kelly’s Green, our cultivation practices have been refined to produce optimized strains and flower of the utmost quality.
Our standards and practices comply with all state regulations, ensuring all i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed. Moreover, we ensure our products are rigorously tested to meet safety and quality standards.
Lastly, we’re committed to an array of sustainability initiatives and are committed to doing our part in protecting the environment.
Tips For Responsible Cannabis Use
Our general rule for anybody new to cannabis is to take it one toke at a time, no matter the strain or its potency. Don’t go into a session thinking you’re going to smoke everything in your path because that could lead to a highly unpleasant experience, potentially an anxiety attack, or worse.
Take things slow at first. Dose small amounts as you build your tolerance. These two tenets are always the safest bet.
More experienced medicinal cannabis users should be careful, too. It’s possible to get ahead of oneself and go too hard, leading to unpleasant circumstances. Furthermore, when tolerances get too high, it can lead to overuse and even abuse, dulling the positives and exacerbating the negatives of cannabis.
Thus, experienced medicinal cannabis users should take care to ensure their tolerance doesn’t reach critical heights. Ensure your doses only reach a specific point and don’t exceed it. This way, you’ll keep reaping cannabis’s medicinal benefits.
Note how cannabis laws and regulations–including medicinal cannabis–are in a continued state of flux in the US. It remains a Schedule I substance at the federal level, and this makes the topic of legality complicated. Stay informed on these matters to avoid any potential snafus.
Medicinal cannabis has established itself as a highly effective way to treat any number of health conditions. It offers many forms and strains to help you find your preferred dosage method.
Of course, you must be wary of the potential pitfalls, partake safely, and remain educated to get the most out of your medicinal cannabis usage.
Contact Kelly’s Green for a personalized consultation today, or explore our vast medicinal cannabis menu for the right product to meet your therapeutic needs.